Now here’s a day we can all celebrate-National TACO Day!! My friend, Melissa gave me this Taco Soup recipe back when I had no idea how to cook (not too much has changed) but this has been a family favorite over the years!
- 2 pounds ground beef (or omit for a vegetarian option)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 (10 oz) cans Rotel tomatoes
- 4 regular sized cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can shoe peg corn
- Brown meat and drain fat
- Add onion to the meat and finish browning
- Stir in taco and ranch packets.
- Add Rotel tomatoes, diced tomatoes, pinto beans, kidney beans and corn.
- Heat to serving temperature
**Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and tortilla chips
If you’re not feeling like cooking tonight, here are some of Nashville’s favorite places to grab a taco!
San Antonio Taco
Taqueria Del Sol
Pancho and Leftys
The Little Donkey