One of my favorite holiday events!!
- When: November 23rd (Members) through January 5th (Closed on Christmas Day) Timed-ticketed event
- Where: Cheekwood Botanical Gardens
- What: Over one million lights, real reindeer, holiday carolers, meet Santa , explore the Cheekwood mansion, hop aboard the North Pole Express with Cheekwood’s new train depot featuring a slide, climbing net and more! There will also be Dog Photos with Santa! Find all the details here.
Gaylord Opryland’s A Country Christmas
- When: November 8th thru January 1, 2019
- Where: Opryland Hotel
- What: Three million twinkling lights, festive decor and beautiful sights! Other events on the property include ICE featuring A Christmas Story, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical (Book by 12/2 and save $10 using code PC19 at RudolphMusicalNashville.com; Valid for 11-17-12/25 performances, excluding Saturdays for Prem Orchestra, Prem Mezzanine, Orchestra & Balcony ), Tubing, Ice Skating, Carriage Rides, Gingerbread Decorating, Reindeer Games Scavenger Hunt and much more! Find all the details here.
- When: November 22nd through December 31st
- First Tennessee Park
- Glow Nashville features one of the country’s tallest Christmas trees, millions of lights adorning larger-than-life sculptures, epic ice skating and tubing experiences, life-size Santa’s workshop and lots more family friendly activities. Purchase your tickets here.
Zoolumination: Chinese Festival of Lights
- Friday, November 15th through December (Nightly 5-9 p.m.)
- Nashville Zoo
- See the Zoo in a whole new light with the country’s largest Chinese lantern festival. Over 500 custom-made silk lanterns will be spread across 60 acres with elaborate displays along with some of your favorite Zoo animals, holiday-themed scenes and more!
Franklin Lighting on the Square
- When: Friday, December 6th from 5 to 10 p.m..
- Where: Downtown Franklin Square
- What: Live music and performances, an appearance from Santa and lighting of the tree
- Thursday, December 5th at 6:30 p.m.
- Rocketown (601 4th Avenue South Nashville)
- The 15th annual Cider Carols will be a festive night of sweet treats from local bakeries, hot cider, and wine featuring holiday tunes from local Nashville artists and stories of hope from Hope Clinic clients. We are excited to have My One and Only and Chadasha Gospel Choir performing and Lauren Tenney emceeing our night! Clients Nikki and Anwar Smith and their sweet baby Aniyah will be sharing their Story of Hope from this past year during the night. Guests can even get holiday shopping done early with a wide variety of silent auction and raffle items! This year we are launching an app-based bidding system called Qgiv (Givi) to make our silent auction even easier! Use code HOLLYJOLLY5 for $5 off admission
Nashville Lighting of the Tree
- When: Friday, Dec. 6th
- Where: Public Square Park, Nashville
- What: The Metro Nashville Christmas Tree Lighting will feature local choirs, food trucks and an appearance by Santa.
Christmas at The Ryman with Amy Grant and Vince Gill
- When: December 11th through December 23rd
- Where: The Ryman Auditorium
- What: Join Amy Grant and Vince Gill at the Mother Church for this annual Christmas concert tradition.
- When: December 14-15
- Where: Historic Downtown Franklin
- What: The largest outdoor Christmas festival in Middle Tennessee! Step back in time with over 200 musicians, dancers and characters will fill the streets. Craft and food vendors will also be on site.
Green Door Gourmet Gingerbread Making Class with Chef Richard Jones
- When: Sunday, December 1st and Sunday, December 8th
- Where: Green Door Gourmet
- What: Learn how to make, bake and decorate your own festive Pfefferkuchen-the classic German recipe for gingerbread!
- When: December 7th through December 23rd
- Where: Tennessee Performing Arts Center
- What: Celebrate this magical production of the Nutcracker, this show will put you in the ultimate holiday spirit
Christmas at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center
The Symphony has a calendar full of holiday events, here are a few that you may be interested in
- Kellie Pickler in Music City Christmas
- Holiday Spectacular and Sing Along
- Drew and Ellie Holcomb’s Neighborly Christmas
- Michael W. Smith: Christmas with The Nashville Symphony
- Dave Barnes A Very Merry Christmas
- Home Alone in Concert
- 1st Annual Music City Carol Sing
- Handel’s Messiah
- Sing! An Irish Christmas
Holiday Movies at The Franklin Theater
- When: Throughout November and December
- Where: The Franklin Theater
- What: The Franklin Theater will be showing classic movies like A White Christmas, The Christmas Story, Elf, Polar Express, The Grinch Stole Christmas and more! Tickets are only $5!
- When: November 22nd through December 28th
- Where: Williamson County AG Expo Center
- What: Beginning November 22nd, FrankTown Open Hearts, a local nonprofit in Franklin, will host a drive-through holiday lights experience with synchronized music that stretches for a mile at the Williamson County AG Expo Center. $25 per car
The Dancing Lights of Christmas
- When: November 16- Jan. 4th
- Where: James Ward Agricultural Center (945 E. Baddour Parkway, Lebanon)
- What: The Dancing Lights of Christmas returns for it’s 8th consecutive season. Light displays, Christmas tunes and Santa’s village.
- Thursday, November 14th through Sunday, December 29th
- Nashville Children’s Theater
- There’s something mysterious about Sophie Kringle’s glamorous aunt. She serves Christmas cookies at teatime, even in July and there’s always a secretive trip every year around the holidays! Come see more on the world premiere musical commissioned for Nashville audiences.