If you’ve been around the blog long, you know that our family loves Cheekwood! We recently spent the day checking out the new exhibit, Cracking Art. Take a look!
Cracking Art is a Milan, Italy-based artist collective which explores nature and artificial reality. The exhibit is made of 100% recyclable plastic materials.
Cracking Art creates site-specific installations of large-scale, natural animal models made of synthetic materials including bears, crocodiles, birds, snails, frogs and others.
Cracking Art will be at Cheekwood through September 2nd, 2018.
There is always something to explore at Cheekwood and love how the children are able to be imaginative through play.
The new train display is also incredible, so much thought and details were put into the design.
Cheekwood has so many events and family-friendly activities. Here are a few that are coming up.
- When: July 19th and August 16th from 5-8 p.m.
- What: Fun walking tour takes you through the summer gardens and the featured Cracking Art exhibit. You will be able to taste signature craft cocktails along the way. There will also be food trucks, live music and lawn games.
- When: Every Thursday Night until August 30th from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- What: Explore the gardens and exhibits as well as enjoy live music, food trucks and drinks. Thursday Night Out is free for Cheekwood members and half price for non-members. **Thursday nights will include DOGS during the month of August.
- When: August 24th and August 25th from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- What: Spend an evening under the stars on Cheekwood’s gorgeous Swan Lawn. Music City Hit-Makers backed by the Music City Symphony and famous songwriters will perform chart-topping hits. Drinks and food from Edley’s Bar-B-Que and King of Pops will be available for purchase.