Eighth and Roast are brewing up lots of holiday cheer this year! They have you covered with a holiday market, gift ideas and more!
8th and Roast Coffee Co. is a full-service coffee shop and craft roastery in Nashville, TN. 8th and Roast works with farmers around the world to secure and serve Nashville the freshest and most ethically traded coffee available. Their mission is to educate, inspire and serve. The holidays are going to be very festive around this local coffee shop! Check out the offerings.
- Handmade Holiday Market; November 29th from 5 to 9 p.m. : 8th and Roast’s Charlotte Ave. shop, along with neighbors 5 Points Pizza, will host a market with local artisans with soy candles, natural body products, jewelry, cards and stationary, photography, wooden boards and boxes, original art, leather goods, ceramics, natural dyed clothing and coffee related gift baskets and baked goods. Free and open to the public. A full list of vendors can be found on their event page.
- Gingerbread Fun- December 1st from 4 to 7 p.m.: 8 & Roast 4104 Charlotte Ave. will host an evening of gingerbread house decorating and cookie decorating for kids. Complimentary snacks available and special drinks will be available for purchase for adults. $30 per child includes all the fixings and a gingerbread house or box of cookies to decorate. Registration is now open here.
- Coffee gift baskets-available online starting December 1st: Thoughtfully prepared variety of coffee gift baskets for holiday gifting will be available for purchase ranging from $70-$140. The baskets will include 8 & R holiday coffee blend, coffee subscriptions by mail, home brew gear, baked goods, and merchandise. Gift baskets will be available at the market as well as online.
- Holiday Baked Goods: The culinary team at 8&R has prepared a menu of cookies, pastries, breads and whole pies for holiday orders. Let their team do the baking for you! Flavors include apple pie with cranberry and cinnamon streusel, pecan pie with dark chocolate and orange zest, and sweet potato pie with sorghum marshmallow and candied walnuts. Pies are $25 and available for online ordering.
- Coffee Master Classes: Read about my experience at a class here. Head roaster Jimmie Getty leads guests in after hours paid master classes every month as well as some complimentary classes on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 2:30 p.m. focusing on a variety of topics. Advance registration is required.
- November 20th: A Latte to Learn (the relationship between espresso and milk) Register here.
- December 18th: Home Coffee Brewing registration is available here.
- December 6th at 6 p.m.: Coffee Master Class: Learn the art of pulling delicious shots of espresso and pouring gorgeous latte art through the studying milk steaming techniques, as well as the differences between the various milk and espresso beverages on our menu. Participants will have the opportunity to practice pulling shots, steaming milk, and pouring a cappuccino. Class is $30, which covers instruction, materials fee and a bag of coffee to take home.
- Brunch: 8&R’s Charlotte shop now serves made-to-order brunch items Monday-Friday until 11 a.m. Enjoy loaded grits with tomatoes, cheese, fresh herbs and an egg, fresh avocado and herbs on housemade rye, eggs to your liking with hash browns, bacon and more!
Stop by one of two 8th and Roast locations-8th Ave/Melrose or the new Charlotte Avenue shop to stay caffeinated this holiday season!