Date(s) - 03/28
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Adventure Science Center
Saturday, March 28 | 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Come learn about the ins-and-outs of optics with students from Vanderbilt University. Get your “light passport” and find all the tables to be entered into a giveaway! As you find each table, you’ll learn about the different elements of light through demonstrations:
- Absorption: Will an object absorb, reflect or transmit light?
- Fluorescence: Learn about the changes in energy that lead to fluorescence.
- Waves: See how different light waves move.
- Fibers: Explore the world of fiber optics!
- Scattering: Why will light pass through gummy bears but not smarties?