Date(s) - 04/04
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Adventure Science Center
Saturday, April 4 | 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
April 4th is all about eggs at Adventure Science Center. Test your egg engineering with our egg drop challenge, discover how strong egg shells really are, and learn about different animal eggs.
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Egg Drop Challenge* — Attempt to keep an egg intact when dropped from the second level
of the Adventure Tower to the first floor.
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Egg engineering — Build your egg protection using materials available in the Tinkering Garage.
- 12:30 p.m. & 2 p.m.: Egg Drops — See if your egg can survive the drop!
*Limited number of eggs and materials available on a first come, first serve basis.
Guidelines for the drop:
– Design must not exceed one pound and cannot exceed one foot in length and width
– Only one egg drop attempt per participant
- 10 a.m. to 3p.m.: Robotics – Egg Hunt Challenge — High school students from Robot Programming Guild (RPG) use their FTC competition robot to find and collect eggs while demonstrating solutions for First Tech Challenges.
- 1:30 p.m.: Special Sci-Bite — “Egg Anatomy.” Learn about the ins and outs of eggs, the shells clever design and see what happens when walking on eggshells.
- EGGsperimental Discovery Cart: See some EGGsperiments in action. Limited availability, subject to change.
- EGGstracurricular Activities: Test out physics without the mess by using plastic eggs for some hands on activities, including a balancing egg walk test, exploring what happens when Humpty Dumpty sits on a wall, and more! Limited availability, subject to change.
- Eggs Aquatic Style: Think beyond chicken eggs by learning about shark eggs and other sea creatures from a marine biologist from the Aquarium Restaurant.
- Urban Chicken Advocates of Nashville (UCAN): Wish you could get eggs from your own backyard? Meet some urban chickens and learn more.
Program subject to change.