Fall Break is the perfect time to load up the family and explore! I’ve rounded up a few places that would make fun destinations!
- Where: Walling, Tennessee
- Distance from Nashville: Just under 2 hours
- Horseshoe Bend Marina is only a mile from Rock Island State Park’s Sand Bar and boat ramp. If you’re looking to boat, fish, camp or kayak, this would be the perfect spot for you! Their gorgeous “glamping” tents have everything you need to make your camping experience convenient! They even have an onsite store with drinks, snacks, camping supplies, boating and fishing supplies. On October 27th, Horseshoe Bend Marina will be hosting a Halloween Party with pumpkin decorating contests, store’s state, bobbing for apples, and kid’s games! Glamping would be perfect for Halloween weekend!
- Where: Lynchburg, Tennessee
- Distance from Nashville: 1.5 hours
- This family owned bakehouse on Tims Ford Lake provides a place to get away and enjoy some scenic lake views! The porch is just begging for you to enjoy coffee, a nap or maybe a book! Bring your smores for the fire pit! The state park is close by for some hiking too!
Margaritaville Resort in Gatlinburg
- Where: Gatlinburg
- Distance from Nashville: Just under 4 hours
- The Smokies are full of family fun including hiking spots, downtown Gatlinburg, putt-putt, Dollywood, gem mining and more! We stayed at Margaritaville Resort in Gatlinburg this summer and enjoyed the beautiful property that is creekside! We loved this location that was walkable to shops and restaurants.
- Where: Seabrook Island, South Carolina
- Distance from Nashville: 8.5 hours
- Seabrook Island is a quaint island town about 45 minutes from Charleston, S.C. You’ll find horseback riding along the shores and a laid back beach town with a town center with shops, restaurants, salons and more! Lowcountry Retreat is a cozy beach house that makes for a fabulous family getaway or book a girl’s weekend like I did!
- Where: The Flying Ham will drop off at the location of your choice!
- Distance from Nashville: Up to you!
- The Flying Ham offers vintage style trailers in the Nashville area. Their 2015 Shasta Airflyte Trailers are not only adorable but equipped with modern conveniences like a potty! Their website offers some campground recommendations. You’ll feel like you’re stepping back in time!
Are you heading somewhere for fall break or staying in Nashville? Find Staycation ideas here!