Fall is one of my favorite times of the year when it comes to dressing the family. I love mixing and matching textures, patterns, and colors to create new and unique outfits everyday.
When it comes to dressing myself I love to try my best and have a happy balance between fashionable and functional. With three kids, I want to look nice, but I still need to be able to move around and be comfortable. This year I am really big on neutral and blacks.
Fashion For Mom
With a few key pieces you can keep your wardrobe classy and functional this fall. Below are a few of my Fall Must Have’s.
- A solid color structured purse- This allows you to step up your outfit to the next level while storing all those goodies (pacifiers included). It makes your look appear crisp and clean no matter what you’re wearing.
- Ankle boots- While every woman loves a good pair of high-heels, they are definitely not kid friendly. However, ankle boots give you the classy appearance you’re looking for while still being able to chase the kids around.
- Oversized sweaters- These are my favorite fall clothing item to wear because I can be comfortable and stylish at the same time. (Who says you can’t relax and look good while doing it)
- Bold bracelets and sunglasses- I’m not a big jewelry girl especially because my kids love pulling on necklaces and earrings, but then I found bracelets and I never looked back. They are perfect for making your outfit look fancy without being a hassle to wear around the kids. And everyone knows you always have to have a good pair of shades handy for those sunny days.
- A long trench coat- Everyone knows Nashville weather can be so back and forth, which is why I chose a coat like the one below that can accommodate for any weather, rain or shine. Cold or Warm. Plus it looks super sleek over any outfit.
- Solid black leggings- I know everyone’s not big on leggings but I totally am. I love that I can move around in them and they go with so many things that I already have.
Fashion For the Kids
Kids are so fun to dress, especially during the cold seasons because you get to layer and mix and match. I have both a boy and a girl so I try to pick a color pallet that works for both of them and go from there. I also try to incorporate pieces that are flexible to wear with other items in their closets.
My Must haves for Boys are:
- A solid pair of boots- Kids are usually so hard on shoes, especially boys, but a solid pair of boots is a must for this fall. They last awhile and they look good with just about anything.
- Denim jeans- A nice dark pair of jeans is great when on the go. They are great for playing and are harder to stain than a lighter colored pair.
- A medium-weight jacket with a hood- This is a life saver for the fall months and the hood allows you to not have to worry about hats that you might loose.
- Fun sweaters- I think these look so cute on boys without taking away from their soon to be “man-hood”. Not to mention- they keep them warm.
My Must Have For Girls Are:
- Funky leggings- Lately, you can find so many cute legging options. Just pair with a solid shirt and you’ve got the perfect, stylish playground outfit.
- Faux fur vest – You can put this on top of just about anything and she’ll LOVE rocking it all day.
- Fun print long shirts- Kids love picking out shirts that express who they are. H&M is my favorite place to shop for these because they have such a wide variety at a great price.
- Black boots- They can dress up a girls outfit really quick while still being age appropriate and easy to walk in.
Fashion For Dad:
Now, of course I’m not going to get to into detail about “how to dress men” because they have their own ideas on how they want to dress. However there are a few key items that I think are great for every man’s wardrobe for this fall.
- Scarves: A nice solid or print scarf is a cool way to add some style to any outfit on the go. Plus, it’s perfect for cold weather.
- A peacoat: This is easy for suits and casual wear during the fall.
- Plaid shirts: This goes great under sweaters or by itself.
- A nice watch: This is a must-have accessory for any man and can step up your outfit a couple notches easily.
- Loafers: A nice tan colored set of loafers can go well for business or casual.
Tell us: What are you fall fashion must haves?