How do those two words make you feel? Some of you may have pleasant thoughts of strolling the aisles of a grocery store and peacefully picking out delicious and wholesome foods for your family, but I have a feeling several of you feel somewhat differently. If you’re like me, grocery shopping is often a race from the entrance of the store to the register. I am holding a list in one hand, snacks for my toddler in the other and battling her desperate pleas for cookies as well as my own! Honestly, I enjoy making lists and picking out healthy meals and snacks for the week, but the actual shopping experience is rarely the cathartic experience I hope for.
That is until, Green Bean Delivery entered my life.
Green Bean Delivery is a new food company that makes healthy and sustainably-grown local food affordable, accessible and convenient to the Midwest. They strive to address their communities’ greatest food challenges…quite a mission, if you ask me.
What do you want to know about this forward thinking food company? I’ll tell you!
- They don’t just deliver food, they grow it on two certified organic farms!
- They support local businesses in your community. That’s right. They partner with people and organizations that share their values to benefit each other as well as the local food economy. (They give back as well!)
- They will save you time (and sometimes money). Order your groceries online, have them delivered and sometimes get your groceries at a better rate than the grocery store.*
*I researched the prices between Green Bean and our local Kroger. Some items were less expensive, some were more, some were the same, but you can receive discounts for referring friends to Green Bean. Don’t miss a discount from us at the end of this review!
- Their membership plans are so flexible! There are customizable bins. Choose a size, start with a pre-filled bin and adjust how you see fit. You can easily manage your delivery schedule and suspend it when you don’t need them. Plus, there are no commitments! You can pause or cancel your membership at any time.
- Shop without guilt. They carry local organic and natural foods. If it doesn’t meet their high ethical and quality standards, then they won’t sell it. Plus, if you aren’t happy with your items, they are happy to replace it or refund you.
My first bin was “the Fresh Select”. This bin requires you to spend at least $28 on produce. (BTW, every bin requires you spend a certain amount on produce, which is easy to meet!) I filled my bin with lots random fruits and veggies because I wanted to truly test and experience their products. I got a few groceries too, including organic gluten free chocolate chip cookie dough!
So what did I think?
Honestly, it was all great. Most of the fruit wasn’t quite ripe when it arrived, but once we let it ripen, it was really good. My favorite (besides the cookie dough) were the cucumbers. They legit tasted like cucumbers fresh from the garden, my favorite!
Ready to try Green Bean Delivery for yourself or maybe gift it to someone special this holiday season?
We’ve got a sweet promo code just for you! Use the code “NashMom15” with your first order and receive $15 off! That’s an offer you won’t want to miss, and after you try it, be sure to let us know what you think!
Offer expires on Dec. 30, 2016. Please note that this promo code is valid for new members and reactivations only. Limit 1 per household and cannot be coupled with any other Green BEAN Delivery discount or promotion.