Well, friends it’s about time for the school bell to ring!
Some of us are sad not wanting these summer days with kids at home to pass by, others are jumping for joy to get back into routine! I’ll say I’m a little of both this year but can’t believe my baby will be heading to kindergarten! I have always loved school and would cry every year on the last day…even as a teacher! One thing I have always looked forward to was BACK TO SCHOOL Shopping! Here are a few of our family’s favorite back to school items!
- Mama can’t live without her PLANNER! I seriously have had a planner for as long as I can remember! I have to write things down! A planner is a necessity to keep track of important school dates, extracurricular activities and pencil in a Mom’s Night Out from time to time! Sometimes I need a planner with a daily notes area and sometimes I’m good with just a monthly one to keep track of our schedule, here’s a good option for under $10!
2. FLAIR PENS Owen’s teacher introduced us to Flair Pens last year and there’s no turning back! These are our go-to pens! They make practicing spelling words a lot more fun and let’s be honest, keep my planner color coordinated too!
3. FIRST DAY OUTFIT: Every.single.summer I would peruse the Sunday morning paper fliers circling back to school styles planning out what I wanted to wear on the first day! I wouldn’t take the tag off or wear it until the first day! My kids are different though, of course they want to wear as soon as we get home! Owen has a more simple style, a t-shirt and athletic shorts and he is good to go. I love this Honey Bee Tees Bus Shirt for Owen! Use code BURNSBAFS for FREE Shipping! Now Miss Priss has a little fancier style and has her eyes on this rainbow dress.
4. BACKPACK: I clearly remember having to have a JANSPORT backpack every year, anyone else? We purchased our son a book bag from Pottery Barn when he was going into kindergarten three years ago and it has been so sturdy and still in great condition! LC is so excited to pick out a “big girl” book bag this year! She would love this one with hearts and good news is that it’s on sale!
5. A cute LUNCH BOX makes packing lunches a little easier, right? I’m hoping it will also help my picky eater munch on some healthy options at school!
6. HAPPY NOTES: I know the mornings in our house can feel rushed. Getting everyone up, teeth brushed, breakfast fed, book bags on and out the door is hectic! Add a little note in their lunch box for a midday encouragement! A little note can make a big difference, whether they let on or not! These cute ones can be downloaded for free here.
Happy BACK TO SCHOOL everyone!