If you follow us on Instagram, you may have seen our pictures from Ghouls at Grassmere last weekend. If not, don’t worry. You’re in the right place. :)
Ghouls at Grassmere is an annual Halloween event at the Nashville Zoo. It is designed to appeal to children under 12, but I think I may have had as much fun as my kiddos.
There are options for everyone to enjoy. Kids can visit with different Zoo mascots and take pictures.
Then, hit up the different trick or treat stations on the Treat Trail.
Make sure to head over to the Carnival and play games (and win prizes, too!)
If you want to take your kids on a super-not-scary hay ride, definitely try out this one. It was rated to be a little bit scary, but my three-year-old didn’t even flinch.
There’s also a jump house and fire pits set up, Science shows, animal shows, and they even have the Grassmere estate set up to be spooky (recommended for older children).
And you MUST stop by to have some fun at the Monster Mash dance party.
Our tips & tricks:
- Make sure to head to the temporary entrance for the Zoo. It’s to the left of the original one.
- If you have younger kids, get there earlier. The dark can make things a little scarier.
- Take some cash. You can always use your cards in the gift shop or the regular Zoo food stations, but there are carts set up around to make it easier and they don’t take cards.
- Take your wagons or your strollers if you have a child that gets tired easy. It’s a lot of walking.
- Don’t forget your treat buckets!
- Print out your e-ticket before you go to avoid waiting in line at the ticket booth.
- Grab a map and schedule when you walk in. That way you will know where exactly everything is and what times the shows are.
- Don’t forget- there’s an extra treat booth when you leave!
This is the last weekend for Ghouls at Grassmere (Oct 23-26). Make sure to get your tickets today and enjoy the fun!