Cheekwood is magical during the holidays with one million lights illuminating the property! You will find lots of holiday cheer and kid-friendly events at one of our favorite Nashville spots!
- Holiday Lights: November 23rd through December 30th (Open 7 Nights a Week: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.) *Closed Christmas Day
- Delight in the joy of the holiday season during Holiday LIGHTS at Cheekwood. Nashville’s favorite tradition returns with ONE MILLION LIGHTS illuminating the gardens for the prettiest winter stroll of the season.New! Holiday LIGHTS is a timed-ticketed event with two evening time slots available. Arrivals begin at 5 pm and run until 7 pm with late evening arrivals beginning at 7 pm running until 9 pm.
- Martinis and Mistletoe: November 30th at 8 p.m.
- A music filled night of dining and dancing to the 24/7 Band and Nashville’s most popular eateries will be offering special delights. Take a break throughout the evening to stroll through Cheekwood Holiday Lights display and enjoy the festive gardens. For reservations, visit the Horticultural Society of Middle Tennessee’s website
- Gingerbread House Decorating: Saturday, December 1st; 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 12:30 (11 a.m. is SOLD OUT) ; December 15th from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Come enjoy a day of tasty fun with our Gingerbread House Decorating. Bring friends and Family to create gingerbread masterpieces and enjoy seasonal treats. Tickets are $65, and includes 1 gingerbread house for up to 5 people. Drop-in program. Ticket includes daytime admission to Cheekwood for up to 5 people. A $5 parking fee will be charged onsite for non-members.
- Members Only Breakfast with Santa: Saturday, December 8th from 8:30 a.m. to 1o a.m. and Saturday, December 22nd from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Gather ’round for breakfast with the big guy himself! Enjoy all of your breakfast favorites like bacon and eggs, fruit, pancakes, yogurt, and even hot chocolate! Kids will have the opportunity to write a letter or wishlist to Santa and present it to him during the breakfast. This is a member only drop-in event. Tickets are $30 for adults and $20 per child. Price includes a buffet breakfast provided by Crumb de la Crumb and a Santa letter writing station. Tickets can be purchased from the link below.
- Paint a Ceramic Ornament: Saturday, December 8th from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturday, December 22nd from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- It’s time to get crafty this holiday season in what is sure to become a new favorite tradition. Choose from several pre-fired ceramic ornament shapes to paint and take home. This drop-in activity is included with general admission. Registration is not required.
- Tuesdays for Tots: Tuesdays through December 11th from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Hands-on art and garden adventures abound as toddlers take over Cheekwood every Tuesday morning. Drop-in activities change weekly so that budding artists and botanists will be introduced to the wide world of art.
- Toys and Traditions: Christmas in the 1930’s: November 23rd through December 30th
- Cheekwood will feature a special holiday exhibit, Toys and Traditions: Christmas in the 1930s beginning Friday, November 23. The exhibit will highlight key decorations from the 1930s, vintage advertisements and toys of the era, and replicas of Christmas cards sent by the Cheeks. The exhibit will be displayed throughout the mansion, and will be on view during regular operating hours as well as Holiday LIGHTS and Holiday at Cheekwood.
- Fields of Light: Through December 30th
- Cheekwood welcomes Gabriel Dawe as its 2018 Artist-in-Residence. Originally from Mexico City, Gabriel Dawe creates site-specific installations that explore the connection between fashion and architecture, shapes and forms. Centered in the exploration of textiles, Dawe’s site-specific works feature three-dimensional, tangible prisms of light and color. Dawe’s Cheekwood work, Fields of Light, will be on view September 22 – December 30, 2018 in our Museum of Art galleries.
Tickets and Memberships are available here.