I was introduced to Paige Minear through The Southern C Summit a few years ago and have continued to be inspired by her! You will love her colorful posts and her beautiful tablescapes. Get to know more about Paige in our Q + A.
1. Can you share the story of what inspired you to launch The Pink Clutch? I started writing my blog in 2007 on a complete whim. I had no vision, no ideas, I just did it. I had just began reading other blogs and needed some serious creativity in a time where my life was a little upside down and just took the plunge. At the time our middle child was struggling with a number of issues and didn’t have a clear diagnosis and I was left in this strange space where no one else I knew lived. My child was different (perfect, but different than others) and I needed a space I could create something. I guess it really started as an online journal of sorts. I have always loved the color pink and to me a pink clutch is the perfect addition to anything you are wearing!!
2. You started your endeavor just as the blogging world really began. Did you have any idea that blogging would be what it is today?
Absolutely none. I can’t even believe something I started without any direction has the life it has now. I think in so many ways it has given us another example of the idea that you can create something that resonates with others in so many ways. You can find people who share your interest in so many different things from gardening to beauty and every single thing in between. Honestly, I think it is amazing!
3. What are your favorite things to share on your blog and social media outlets?
I love to share our home and the changes we make to it as our life changes, I love to share sources for things I find, I love to do interviews (you learn so many amazing things) and most of all I love sharing joy! Life is hard and messy and you have to be tough and focused to find joy in all things!
4. I am drawn to your use of colors and design in your tablescapes? What are some easy tips for someone who wants to put together a lovely table but doesn’t have many resources or budget?
You can create a really inexpensive table or you can spend a ton, it really is up to you! I love borrowing things from others, using florals from a friend’s yard and changing the purpose for something into something else. I also love to mix china which definitely changes the price point and helps a ton. I would borrow anything I need and either don’t own or find amazing in a neighbors home or a best friends collection and do it all the time.
5. What are some of your favorite ways to spend time with your family in the Atlanta area?
We love any time together and I would literally just hang out at home if I could and soak them all up. We love to do dinner, go to the movies, travel to Blue Ridge for the weekend, go antiquing, hanging out at a nearby town square (Roswell + Alpharetta are my faves), and anything related to the arts. I am always pushing them to do something they don’t want to do and they always love it in the end. I have learned that my kids want to spend time with us if we get invested in something they love to do. When my oldest was heavy in Robotics in high school we all went and I learned a ton, my middle child loves the arts and we all have branched out in this area and my youngest is a huge sports fan so we go to all sorts of things with her. They push me out of my box and likewise!
Follow Paige for more design and lifestyle inspiration