1/2 cup rolled oats
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup salted butter (softened)
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- In a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment, add softened butter and brown sugar. Using a medium speed, cream together for 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla extract and eggs until mix is smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients with a spatula. Carefully stir in chocolate chips.
- Once your dough is a nice consistency, roll the dough and cover with parchment paper. Place the dough in a sealed freezer bag and into the freezer for 2-3 hours, or until you’re ready to bake.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 350′ F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough into balls and place onto the baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes. They should be golden brown and soft in the middle.
Let cookies cool and enjoy!