- Saturday, September 12th
- Across Nashville and online
- Dog Day is Nashville’s celebration of all things doggie! Normally, this is a huge gathering in Centennial Park dedicated to dogs but this year we are going virtu-woof! This year we’re all about a big time live broadcast with fun events, contests, a ton of surprises all wrapped up in one big day of doggie celebration! Now let’s show them truly how much we love them! There’s a costume contest, treat masking demonstrations, Party in a Box and more! Find the details here.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame will be reopening their doors on Thursday, September 10th at 9 a.m. Locals who purchase an individual or family membership will have their passes extended through December 31st, 2021. Find the details here. The museum is also hosting Recycled Bluegrass Banjos on Saturday, September 12 at 10:30 a.m. Descending from West Africa and the Middle East, the banjo is an unmistakable part of country music’s sound. Participants will take a closer look at the banjo’s history, hear a banjo demonstration and learn about influential banjo player Earl Scruggs. Then, create their own miniature jar lid banjo craft inspired by Scruggs’s Gibson RB-Granada Mastertone banjo in the museum’s Precious Jewel exhibit. A member of the Country Music Hall of Fame, Scruggs’s invented a banjo picking style that became an essential building block of bluegrass. Recommended for ages five and up, but all are welcome. Guardian is required to be present for children under thirteen. Takes place via Zoom. Space is limited. Registration required. Free. Registration closes at 9:00 a.m. the morning of the program.
- This week’s showing is Grease! Friday, September 4th (6:30 p.m.), Saturday, September 5th (6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.) and Sunday, September 6th (6:30 p.m.)
- The Field at Franklin, behind Rolling Hills Community Church (1810 Columbia Avenue, Franklin 37064)
- Drive-In to see with your family! Suggested ticket price per car is $35 but the organizers want everyone to pay what they are able to.
- Through January 10, 2021
- Chihuly at Cheekwood will feature large-scale installations in the gardens of the historic estate as well as pedestal works presented in the art galleries. Outdoor installations will include two pieces on the newly-accessible Ann & Monroe Carell Jr. Family Sculpture Trail, as well as two new, site-specific works created for this exhibition. A monumental sculpture will be on view in the Frist Learning Center Great Hall. Visitors may view the exhibition during the daytime as well as during special Chihuly Nights hours on Thursday through Sunday.
- The Zoo needs you! Now is a great time to visit and support our local zoo! There are many special offers right now including
- Kroger Safari Fridays: BOGO admission every Friday with your Kroger Plus card. Find the details here.
- Saturday, September 12th from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Rolling Hills Community Church, Franklin and Online
- Join Kelly Minter for a time of Bible Study, acoustic band, lunch and more. Click here for more details.
Join my family and I for an end of summer bash at Deer Run! Day passes are $15 each and give you unlimited access to Spring Valley Lake (water slide, aqua park, zip line, canoes, sand beach) and all Open Recreation areas where you can have even greater adventures: Wiffle Ball, Sand Volleyball, Gaga Ball, Carpet Ball, Human Foosball, Cornhole, and a Game Field for throwing a football, playing soccer, or flying a kite. Everyone who purchases a Day Pass and enters @thenashvillemom in the comment box in the cart will receive a coupon for one free scoop of ice cream or a coupon for one free specialty coffee! AND…everyone will be entered to win an AMAZING DRAWING from Deer Run including a gift certificate for one free night rental in a Cedar Point Cabin (value $199) AND a Deer Run canvas bag filled with goodies, valued at $129 — 2 beach towels, a hammock, lip balm, key ring animal, car sticker, stainless steel water bottle, journal & pen, 4 buttons and a campfire S’mores package! Deer Run is such a special place! This year has been devastating as they were unable to host their summer camps! Spend the day with your family making memories and helping Deer Run at the same time! Can’t wait to see you there! Purchase tickets in the link below! (Safety precautions can be found here.)
Purchase your day passes here. Don’t forget to add @thenashvillemom in the comment section to receive your free coupons!