- Various dates through March 14th
- Nashville Public Library
- Join Duke Ellington, the great master of Jazz as he takes us on a musical journey with puppets of all sorts in this special presentation produced by the Nashville Jazz Workshop in cooperation with Wishing Chair Productions. Recommended for ages 2-8 but all are welcome.
- Friday, January 31st through March 1st
- Orchids in the Mansion features a stylized interpretation of a classical orangery and occupies the historic loggia with large palms, tropical foliage and an array of colorful orchids. The orchids are also displayed throughout the historically redecorated Mansion and present a series of period room interventions to explore how the Cheek family likely brought nature indoors and decorated their home. This event is free for members, and included with General Admission.
- Sunday, February 16th through Saturday, February 22nd
- Various Restaurants in East Nashville
- The third annual East Nashville Restaurant week will feature special menus at participating restaurants. In collaboration with Cathead Vodka, $1 per featured cocktail at participating restaurants will be donated to Fannie Battle, a local organization working to provide high quality childcare to at-risk children in a nurturing environment while empowering families to reach their potential.
- Every Saturday
- Plaza Mariachi
- Art, story time, music, dancing and kid friendly activities. FREE This week includes Mr. Bond’s Science Guy from 12-12:45, face painting, Miss Rose and Uncle Gus and much more!
- Through Sunday, February 23rd
- The Plaza at Bridgestone Arena
- In honor of hosting Hockey Day in America and celebrating Hockey for Everyone, the Preds have constructed a public skating rink! The Rink on Broadway public skate sessions are 75 minute sessions, $10 per person and includes skate rentals. You can find the hours of operation here.
- Friday, February 21st from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Bloomsbury Farm (9398 Del Thomas Rd, Smyrna)
- Gather round the bonfire with a s’mores bar and local brews. Tickets are $10 for guests 21+ and $5 for guests under 21.
- Saturday, February 22nd from 10:30-11:30
- Country Music Hall of Fame
- What makes a good photograph? Photography is an important part of both the music and sports industries–for things such as publicity photos, candid snapshots, and career documentation. Explore photographs of and by country artists to see what elements make a captivating still image. Learn tips and tricks to make your photos look their best before exploring the galleries to take your own photographs. Walk away with your photo in a custom frame. Ages five and up. Taylor Swift Education Center. Included with museum admission. Free to museum members.
- Sunday, February 23rd from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Nissan Stadium, Club Level West
- The annual Soup Sunday benefitting Our Kids takes place this Sunday with soups from 50+ Nashville restaurants, a silent auction, kids activities and sweet treats. Tickets are $25 per adults and $5 per child (ages 3 and under are free)
- Monday, February 24th at 10:30 a.m.
- Green Hills Library
- Stories from African American authors or illustrators will be presented during this time as well as songs.
Please join me with Enablr Therapy and certified Speech Language Pathologist, Jessica Miner for an evening of educational demonstrations and therapy “walkthroughs”.
This is a free event! Come take a seat and allow our certified therapist to walk you through how to spot the signs of early developmental delays in children as well as providing some easy techniques and solutions that can be applied at home. There will also be time allocated for some extensive Q+A as well as much more.
Light refreshments will be provided and parking is free. Materials will be provided for the evening but we recommend bringing a pen and paper.
The Ronald McDonald House’s mission is to keep families close by providing essential resources and a “home away from home” for families of critically ill children receiving inpatient or outpatient medical care at Nashville area hospitals. The Triple Sip is an annual event to benefit RMHC including drink tastings, small plates and desserts prepared by Nashville restaurants, live music and a silent auction. Purchase your tickets here.
- Sunday, March 1st from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Goldfish Swim School (1113 Murfreesboro Road #201 Franklin, TN 37064)
- Join us for a FREE Family Swim party for *new Goldfish guests*! Bring your friends and have a splastastic time! We will have swim time in the 90 degree pool, a pizza party, snacks and a raffle prize! You don’t want to miss this! Registration is open to 40 *new to Goldfish swimmers* Lifejackets are available. Registration is FULL-add your name to the waitlist here!