With so many new homeschool and remote learners, I wanted to share some enrichment activities like art and sports around town. If your kiddos are like mine, they need to get OUT OF THE HOUSE and SOCIALIZE from time to time.
Enriching Afternoons at Cheekwood
- August 10th through September 4th
- After a morning of virtual learning, head to Cheekwood for an afternoon of literacy, wellness, art, and gardens. Students will spend time putting their core curriculum lessons to use in a distinctly Cheekwood way. With a different combination of the four subjects every day, students may find themselves reading or journaling in the PNC Living Library, learning about the plants and pollinators across the gardens, creating original works of art, and doing yoga or meditation on The Carell Trail. Let Cheekwood’s educators help make learning come alive! See the schedule and find out other details here.
- Grab a day pass for Deer Run. Students can complete their online learning and then explore and play in the lake, playground, outdoor games and more!
- Tippi Toes Dance offers virtual classes to add some dance fun to your day! Check out their website! You can try out the first week for free!
- Beginning August 31st, local Dad and living historian, Davy Andrews is offering history and expedition classes for remote/online/homeschool learners. These classes will include exploration around the Middle Tennessee area. For more details, visit here.
Let It Shine Let It Shine Gymnastic is trying to assist families and the community in this new world of educating our children with Remote Learning Assistance, Flex Full Day or Flex Half Day. Read the details here.
- August and September
- The Little Course offerings afternoon homeschool golf lessons. Find the details here
- Art Smart is offering a variety of afternoon art classes. Find the schedule here.
- A variety of homeschool classes are provided during various days and times. Check schedule for details. Ages 7 and up only. No experience needed. Must wear closed-toe shoes. Equipment is provided, or you are free to bring your own.
Belle Meade offers various Homeschool Days throughout the year which highlight different topics. Advanced registration is required.
- Move and groove at the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum! Families can discover and learn more about country music, past and present. Engaging exhibits and hands-on programs offer memorable experiences for all ages. Learn guitar basics, dance to country tunes, make costume designs, write songs, and so much more. Begin your visit at the Taylor Swift Education Center to see special artifacts and pick up fun gallery resources and activities, designed just for kids.
- Country music fun can continue at home, too, through exploring online family workshops, downloadable coloring sheets, and at-home lessons that provide access to the museum from your own living room.
- Roots Academy will be offering music, art and dance programs
Online Music & Dance Classes for Kids – KidzKeys, Guitar Club, Beat Makers, Let’s Dance
Perfect for Elementary School Age KidsRegistration is now open for Fall schedule!