There is nothing more rewarding than making someone’s day, but sometimes with work and school and all of life’s other things it’s easy to forget to go out of our way and be kind to others. Holding the door or complimenting someone are easy but what if we took it one step further and actually went out of our way a little to show the love? Below are a few ideas of how you can show a little love and kindness to others this month. The great thing about it is you can have your kids help with each and every one of these things by allowing them to participate in helping complete the act.
Show the love:.
To a Friend– A postcard telling how much you appreciate them and offering to take them out to coffee on you.
To Your Spouse– Clean the home. Now I’m not talking regular clean, I’m talking a deep clean with candles lit and all when you’re done. Or if you’re already amazing and your home always looks spotless surprise them with detail cleaning their car.
To the Mom – A good read. Every mom needs a good book now and then. The Fringe Hours is one of my Personal favorites that I recommend every mom read.
Other fun ideas:
- For the one having a hard day – Send a word of encouragement
- For The Homeless – Give them snack and a smile. Sometimes being kind is better than money. I usually keep water bottles to hand out on those hot days or will buy an extra breakfast sandwich to give them.
- For The Hard Worker– Give a social media praise post. I just started doing this and it’s so much fun. I give thanks & recognition to those I see working hard or doing amazing things.
- For the Person in Line – Pay it forward. I love buying someone’s coffee or lunch when I have a few bucks.
- For the Lonely – Surprise them with visit and maybe even whip them up some dinner.
- For your Parents – Write a letter of appreciation thanking them for all they have done. It will be one of the best gifts in the world.
What are ways you like showing random acts of kindness?