If you’ve followed my Toddler Book Club posts, you know that I’m a huge fan of story time. What mom doesn’t love winding down for the evening with a good book and a snuggly kiddo on her lap? I’m always looking for good books to share with my son, which is why I jumped at the chance to review storieChild, a new company that creates personalized children’s books.
Not every bedtime story revolves around your child saving a land far away from a grumpy dragon, but storieChild puts the reader inside the story, complete with photos and personal details like favorite foods, hobbies and names of family members and friends.
How it works:
- Choose a story to create. Currently, storieChild offers four versions of storybooks and two versions of baby books.
- Submit a short survey with details about your child, like hair color, pet’s name, favorite song and other distinguishing traits.
- Upload photos of your child
- Preview the story with your personalized content
- Choose hardcover or softcover
I chose the book “Max and Merry and the Grumpy Dragon,” a story about two mice who enlist the help of my son, Levi, to save their town. Per the instructions, I uploaded closeup photos of Levi, pictures of him with family members and photos of him doing some of his favorite things. In the survey I shared that he loves dogs, likes watching baseball and loves swimming and listening to music. What resulted was a beautifully illustrated keepsake with photos and details special to our family.
storieChild is brand new, but is currently accepting preorders for books with a guarantee of delivering them before Christmas.
What I liked about it:
- Personalized story that was about my son
- Whimsical illustrations
- Quality product with glossy cover and pages
- Cute story
- Would make a great gift!
We had a lot of fun reading the story, and Levi was excited to see his pictures in the book. I have a feeling it will be frequently requested as his bedtime story!