Every year my little one gets another year older and the stakes for birthday parties are higher than ever. The over the top cakes, handmade decor, and glamorous food is drool-worthy and I have had my fair share at attempts at trying to throw these. But, when my oldest daughter’s birthday rolled around this year I realized that I couldn’t do it all and that was okay. So instead we did a simple Princess Park Party.
I told her she could dress up as her favorite princess and then bought a matching table cloth and cupcakes and the party was on! I wanted to keep it as stress-free as possible so we grilled hot dogs and grabbed the cutest cupcakes from Target. And even though I didn’t make the food or spend a ton, it didn’t taste any less delicious plus I was actually able to enjoy the party.
I got creative and left a little candy surprise under each party hat instead of doing gift bags, and we kept the food to a minimum. We wanted the focus on her and enjoying each other’s company. There weren’t a ton of decorations and the weather acted as the best backdrop anyone could ask for.
At the end of the day she had a fun little party. For a kid, all that matters was that she knew the day was all about her. Anything else would have honestly been to fill some super-mom desire of my own. Her party was perfect for her. Which is way better than making it Pinterest perfect for the camera and not enjoying it.
Here are a few steps to have a stress-free party:
- Don’t stress cooking (unless you like to and you’re good at it)
- Try having the party outside if weather permits. This will minimize the clean up.
- Use what you have at home first and then buy from there.
- Get your kid involved and see what interests they have. My kids LOVE playing outside.
- Don’t go to the internet for ideas. Instead, create your own. The internet can make you overwhelmed and feel inadequate in less than 60 seconds. Whatever you come up with your kid will love.
What are some stress free party tips you have?