Do you want to be friends with dragons, but aren’t exactly sure how to befriend these mythical creatures? In our next installment of Toddler Book Club, we are providing you with all of the inside information on how to become best friends with dragons forever in the best selling book, “Dragons Love Tacos,” by Adam Rubin.
In this funny and whimsical book, the author shares important tips on dragon befriending: 1. Host a party 2. Make tacos 3. Make more tacos 4. Beware of one taco topping that should never be introduced to dragons!
Things we liked about it:
- Silly and humorous plot
- Watercolor illustrations
- Plenty of options to make story time interactive
- Tacos. Need we say more?
- What kinds of tacos do dragons like?
- What topping should you never feed a dragon?
- How many tacos do you think a dragon can eat?
- What kind of party would you throw?
Recommendations for Book Club pairings:
- Tacos (with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese)
- Chips and guacamole
Follow up activities:
- Get the kids cooking! Make tacos and toppings.
- Decorate the house for a party with balloons and streamers
- Make dragon feet. Check out this craft on Pinterest.
- Make a fire breathing dragon craft with a toilet paper role and tissue paper. Check out this craft on Pinterest.
- Help restore the dragon in Fannie Mae Dees Park. Read more.