Our top picks:
- We definitely want to see you down at the Tomato 5k and Kids Fun Run. You can read more about our team here.
- We’ll definitely be down at the Tomato Art Fest, too. If you haven’t been to this event, it’s definitely worth it. Yes, you will be hot and sweaty- but so is everyone else. Our tips: The streets can get tight so if you don’t need a stroller, don’t take it. Bring lots of water, sunscreen, and some snacks for the kiddos for sure (or just buy some of the delicious food there). There is a big Kids Zone that the kids will love. Last year it had arts & crafts, inflatables, and other fun games. The parade starts at 10, so if you want to see that, get there early!! Oh, and if you don’t have to drive, don’t. Parking can be difficult.
Friday, August 7:
- Kroger Safari Fridays– Nashville Zoo, all day
- Brilliant Sky Storytime– Brilliant Sky Nashville, 10:30
- Art-Making in the Lobby: You’ve Got Mail– Frist Center, 6:00
Saturday, August 8:
- Tomato 5K & Kids Fun Run– Five Points, 7:00
- Tomato Art Fest– Five Points, 9:00
- Edible Native Plants– Shelby Bottoms Nature Center, 10:00
- Junior Chef– Williams-Sonoma, 10:00
- Growing in the Garden– Warner Park Nature Center, 10:00
- Saturday Storytime– Parnassus Books, 10:30
- Fairytales Storytime– Fairytales Bookstore, 11:00
- Summer Laser Shows– Adventure Science Center, 7:00
Sunday, August 9:
- Sunday Funday– Nashville Zoo, 1:00
Don’t forget- you can check out events going on all week under our Events tab!
Mark your calendars for our upcoming TNM hosted events: