CMA Donation Drive
A week-long donation drive sponsored by CMA to benefit Musically Fed. Musically Fed will be donating the items to live music and event industry workers in need via their scheduled car drive-thrus. Items needed include non-perishable food items such as dried pasta and sauce, crackers, canned fruits, canned vegetables, rice, peanut butter, oatmeal, canned meat and nuts, as well as toothpaste, dish soap, hand soap, laundry detergent, body wash, shaving cream, paper towels and toilet paper.
Donations can be dropped off in the alley behind CMA’s offices (35 Music Sq E Ste 201, Nashville, TN 37203 ). Individuals may also purchase goods from Musically Fed’s Amazon Wishlist through March 19 to arrive at CMA during the week of the drive. Select “Country Music Association, c/o FOOD DRIVE’s Gift registry” as the shipping address.
Cheekwood in Bloom: Through April 11th
There’s no place more beautiful than Cheekwood in the spring as more than 150,000 blooming bulbs spill from the gardens creating a color experience you won’t forget. Snowdrops, crocus, hyacinths, daffodils, magnolias, redbuds, and dogwoods are also in on the act, putting on an unforgettable show as warmer weather and longer days arrive in Nashville. This year’s theme is Holland! Featuring three-foot bands of orange, red, yellow, and pink throughout the Color Garden accompanied by giant interactive windmills, visitors will feel like they have stepped into the tulip fields of Holland. The Cheekwood in Bloom display will also feature hyacinths, violas, and of course, the stunning Basham Daffodil Field. Reserve your tickets online here.
- Through August 1st
- Frist Museum
- One early January 2020 morning, artist Woke3 stepped out of his home in North Nashville to find the remains of a car engulfed in a raging fire. He interpreted the blaze as a premonition of the year to come. No one, however, imagined what 2020 would ultimately bring to his neighborhood, the city of Nashville, and our nation. Woke selected videos, which feature spoken word, dance, and music, and photographs to share how his creative community is processing the year’s seismic events—from a devastating tornado on March 3 to a car bomb exploding on Christmas morning—and offering a path forward. Experience this virtual event free.
Picasso. Figures, an exhibition from the incomparable collection of the Musée national Picasso-Paris, offers an in-depth look at Pablo Picasso’s career-long fascination with the human figure as a means of expressing a range of subjects and emotions. Featuring approximately 75 paintings, works on paper, and sculptures, Picasso. Figures makes its sole U.S. appearance in Nashville in the Frist’s Ingram Gallery from February 5 through May 2, 2021. Advance timed entry tickets for this exhibition are available. Reserve your tickets here.
- March 12th through May 16th, 2021
- Gaylord Opryland
- Get ready to Spring It On with an itinerary full of family-friendly seasonal escapes in Nashville including a Meet and Greet with the Easter Bunny, cookie decorating, Spring-A-Long Scavenger Hunt, Delta Boat Eggs-travangza and lots more!! With our Once Upon A Spring events and activities, including an all-new interactive live show – Paint Me A Fairytale, Spring-inspired scavenger hunts, art activities, cookie decorating, live entertainment, and more, we are ready to help you celebrate the season. All events have been thoughtfully designed with social distancing in mind and our enhanced Commitment to Clean protocols.
- Saturday, March 20th or Saturday, March 27th
- Gigi’s Kitchen
- The sweets queen herself, Gigi, will show you how to decorate the most beautiful Easter Day cookies using her famous sugar cookie recipe that has been in her family for generations. Each ticket includes 8 cookies and all the decorating elements you would need! Enjoy a beverage of your choice at the class and 15% off for everything at Gigi’s Kitchen with your ticket!