Nashville is busy this weekend, so, this week, we’re just going to highlight some of the main events. If you want a full list of activities please check out our calendar.
LOTG is going out with a bang this weekend. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday there will be different bands taking the stage. Feel free to bring your blankets, strollers, folding chairs, and bottles of water. If you want to ride your bike, there will be free bike parking thanks to Walk/Bike Nashville.
Saturday there will be a Kids Fest from noon-3pm with:
- Live music from Mr. Steve, The Music Man
- A Musical Petting Zoo from Nashville Symphony
- Free photobooth
- Baby Vibes developmental music class from Vanderbilt (perfect for babies 6+)
- Live screen printing- bring a blank shirt
- Music, crafts, and more!
Taste of Tennessee Festival/Tennessee State Fair
The Tennessee State Fair opens this weekend and they are kicking it off with the Taste of Tennessee Festival. Friday, book your sitters and enjoy the Craft Brewer’s Festival. You can get tickets here.
Saturday is more family-friendly. From 10-3 Taste of Tennessee will host Family Fest:
- Tenne-Flea Market with over 25 vendors
- Beard & Mustache Competition
- Music City Cook-off
- Food Trucks
- Beer Garden
Not to mention the fair will be open for everyone to enjoy! You can buy fair tickets here.
The 5th Annual Italian Lights Festival will be Friday-Sunday at St. Pius X School. Families can enjoy:
- Meatball Eating and Grape Stomping Contests
- Free Wine Tastings
- Live Music
You can view the full schedule here. Tickets are $2. Kinds under 3 are free.
Extra things to check out this weekend:
- Full Moon Pickin’ Party at Warner Park is Friday evening
- Musician’s Corner starts back up on Saturday
- Cumberland River Dragon Boat Festival is Saturday
- Art Moves Truck will be at The Post on Sunday. This looks really cool! Check it out.
If you’re looking for things to do during the week, make sure to check out the Nashville Mom calendar.
If you have an event that you would like added to the calendar please email events[at]nashvillemomblog[dot]com. Thanks!