The Belmont Mansion is Nashville’s largest antebellum house museum and is a must-see for anyone interested in Tennessee history, the Civil War, art or architecture.
Adelicia and Joseph Acklen, who were among Nashville’s richest citizens, built this Italian Villa in 1853. In December of 1864, the 4th Corps of the Union Army occupied the house and grounds before the Battle of Nashville. Guided tours and self-guided garden tours are available to see the meticulously restored home which includes many original furnishings and artwork.
Belmont Mansion is hosting several Christmas events for the Nashville community and visitors.
- Christmas Dinner at Belmont Mansion, December 7th: Enjoy an elegant holiday dinner in Adelicia Acklen’s Grand Salon. The evening begins at 6:30 p.m. with cocktails at an area home followed by dinner at 8 p.m. at the mansion. Advance tickets required.
- Noel Notes and Nibbles, December 8th: Light breakfast treats will be served alongside musical entertainment and a specialized stationed tour of the mansion. A photographer will be on hand to take holiday photos in the Victorian Christmas decorated home. Tickets are $25 per person.
- Belmont Camerata, December 10th: A Camerata Christmas in the Grand Salon at 7:30 p.m. Program is free and open to the public. A holiday celebrated with the beloved Corelli Christmas Concerto and favorite bluegrass style carols led by Kathy Chiavola, Ryan Joseph and Tammy Rogers-King.
- Christmas “At Home” at Belmont Mansion, December 14th from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Take a self-guided tour of the mansion decorated for a Victorian Christmas. Music, hot cider and cookies in the Grand Salon make for a festive evening. $10 per person
- Mistletoe, Mischief and Memories: A Christmas Cabaret, December 20th and 21st: Belmont Mansion will host Ginger Newman and Russell Davis in the Grand Salon for a Christmas Cabaret. Tickets are $30 or $50 per couple by advance purchase only. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and performance is at 8 p.m.
Visit the Belmont Mansion’s website to find out more about this treasured Nashville home.