If you’re looking for a gift that will make a huge impact for a long time, consider sponsoring a child this Christmas. Our family sponsors a child through Danita’s Children in Haiti. Danita’s Children is located in Ouanaminthe, Haiti, near the border of the Dominican Republic. Their stateside office is in Franklin, TN. Read more about Danita’s Children’s dedication to their Haitian community and how you can help make a difference.
The vision of Danita’s Children is to provide education, nutrition, medical and dental care, and love to the children and families in their community. Danita’s Children believes that through teachers, mentors, and house parents children are being raised to discover their purpose and to become the future leaders of Haiti.
Danita’s Children provides the following services to children and their families
- A safe and loving home for over 100 children
- 17 children from the program are now in college-some in the US and some in Haiti
- A Christian education that allows vulnerable children to overcome their economic obstacles
- Healthy food through school meals and a community feeding program
- Pediatric medical and dental care
- Community church and discipleship program
- Employment for over 90 Haitian staff
- Sustainability through farming and agriculture
By sponsoring a child with a donation of $29 per month, you can provide nutritious food, clean water, a Christ-centered education, and life-saving medical care. By investing in these children, you are investing in the life of a future leader of Haiti. Danita’s Children makes it simple to sponsor, just follow the prompts on their website and you can enter your financial information as well. It literally takes 5 minutes to change a child’s life!
There are other volunteer opportunities, click here for more information!