We may be a little late with this post, but… just in case you haven’t been yet…
Every Saturday and Sunday, Cheekwood hosts their holiday event. There are beautiful Christmas trees, real reindeer, crafts, cookies, and Santa!
There are drop in Art-tivites throughout the day. We made an ornament and some reindeer hats.
Then, make sure you go show off your reindeer hat to the real reindeer outside! They are there every day, not just on the weekend. Also, stop by and see Santa’s sleigh. You can climb up in it for a photo, too!
You can also stop in and see Santa, himself. You are required to make a portrait purchase. I totally think it’s worth it. He was one of the best Santa’s I’ve seen in awhile. He interacted with the kids and everything.
Once you are done with your pictures (and don’t have to keep your shirt clean), head upstairs to decorate a Christie Cookie! They provide everything you’ll need and it’s totally free. Yum!
There are also concerts and performances going on through the month in the museum. You can check out the schedule on their website for all the details.
- we used our stroller, but it may be easier to wear the baby. You can’t fit your stroller into many of the rooms, so you have to park it outside and unload each time you head in to do something. If you child is ok with walking, definitely just leave the stroller in the car. Everything is in the same building, or very close by.
- brings some wipes or be ready to wash your hands. That cookie decorating is messy!
- as with anything with a bunch of kids- be patient. They’re all just so excited to be there.
- the cheapest Santa picture package is $20 and they go up from there. I do honestly believe it was worth it. He was a great Santa. (Cheekwood didn’t pay me to say that, I promise!)
- if you’re a member you get to park a lot closer. So, if you were thinking about it, do it before you go!
Have fun! Make sure to tag your pictures with #HolidayatCheekwood