Growing up, I was scared of dogs and didn’t understand how much of a best friend they can be until after I graduated from college. When my husband (not at the time) brought this little redtick coonhound named Sadie home from the SCPA in Charleston, South Carolina, I wasn’t sure what to do with her. I quickly became a helicopter puppy mom, calling the vet all the time to make sure she was ok. Fast forward thirteen years and this old girl is still right by my side. Sadie has watched me get married, bring two babies home from the hospital, endured multiple moves and been a constant companion.
We are celebrating her big this year for her birthday. I often feel like our pets are more expensive than the children with vet visits, food, bedding, treats, toys and more! Recently, Dollar General has become my go-to place for shopping for my two dogs and cat! They have a great selection of food, toys, leashes and collars, bedding and treats. Not only do they offer very affordable pricing, but you can also order online! I know several families may be considering getting new pets for the holidays, so I thought I’d share a few of Sadie’s favorite things!
- Iams Proactive Health Dry Dog Food Since Sadie is an older dog, nutrition is more important than ever! Iam’s is made with real chicken, is made in small bite size pieces and promotes a healthy metabolism. It seems like we go through dog food every other day so I love the convenience of ordering online.
- Milk-Bone Dog Treats My girl loves treats!! These treats are soft and chewy, she still loves doing tricks for treats.
- Forever Pals Big Pig Toy My kids have so much fun throwing toys to our pups. With the holidays approaching, we always plan a little stocking full of goodies for them because even though they may or may not be on the naughty list, we have to give them a little something! This cute piggy toy is one of their favorites!
- Forever Pals Small Pet Bed To be honest, our pets are pretty high maintenance! They want soft, cushy places to lay all around the house. This pet bed is so affordable and makes a comfortable spots for lounging.
- Everpet Knotted Rope Toy Keeping older toys active and engaged is key! These knotted rope toys are the perfect way to play and get a little energy out for the kids and dogs!
- Forever Pals Collar Every dog and cat needs a pretty collar and leash! Dollar General has a great selection, your pup will be the hit of neighborhood walks.
- Sergeants Dog Nail Clippers We have hardwood floors so we like to keep our dogs’ nails trimmed to avoid scratches. These nail clippers are handy to keep for doggy spa day!
- Sergeant’s Fur So Fresh Dog Shampoo Even though Sadie doesn’t really like bath time, she always looks so nice and clean afterwards! This shampoo makes her coat so shiny!
*This post was a paid sponsored by Dollar General but all opinions are my own*
Stop by your local Dollar General or shop online for more affordable pet care!