Gaylord Opryland has become one of our family’s favorite places to vacation or in our case, staycation! Seth and I began staying at Opryland right after we got married and what a dream it is to make memories here with our children. We often like to go stroll around the hotel even when we aren’t staying there! There’s just so much to do! Gaylord Opryland recently re-opened their doors with an enhanced Commitment to Clean. Adults must wear a mask on property (except while dining, in the water resort area, while exercising or if a health condition prohibits them from doing so). The hotel is using hospital grade disinfectants, the staff are sanitizing throughout the day, social distance protocols are in place and hundreds of cleaning processes to keep guests as safe as possible. If you’re looking for a safe and family friendly experience for the summer, don’t miss these opportunities at Opryland.
1. SoundWaves, of course: The Water Attraction is 4 acres of indoor/outdoor water fun! The indoor area includes an adults-only infinity pool, lazy river, fast river, multiple water slides and an activity pool with lily pads and basketball hoops! You can race your way down the Rock ‘N Racer outside or go for the even more exhirating slides! I’ve never heard so many people get so excited about waves as in the Wave Pool! I could’ve “ridden” waves all day and enjoyed special live music or videos on the 37 feet screen! The big screen reminded me of all my MTV watching days!
2. Cabana Life: We had a cabana rental for a day and what a treat! The cabanas give you a private oasis to enjoy some time out of the way on soft lounge chairs, a tv (the Dads enjoyed catching up on sports news for a little while) and even a dedicated server to take any lunch or drink orders!
3. Party Rooms: What better way to celebrate a birthday, a reunion or just a get together with friends who you missed during quarantine than a party at Soundwaves! Parties include all-day access to Soundwaves, pizza, beverages and self-parking. *This is the only way to enjoy SoundWaves without staying overnight.
4. Delta Flat Boat Rides: LC and I have always wanted to cruise in one of the Delta Riverboats and finally got our chance! This was such a fun way to explore the Delta Atrium, which is 4.5 acres! The guide told us so much about the plant life inside of Opryland, history and other facts about the resort. The boat rides are $11 for adults and $9 for children ages 4-11.
5. Summer Fountain Shows: These fountain shows were one of our favorites! We grabbed ice-cream or treats from the Marketplace and made our way to the Delta Fountain. These nightly shows are at 7 p.m, 8 p.m, 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. These are free! Even if you’re not staying on property, a budget-friendly family night would be to grab pizza at Paisanos, walked around the property and stay for a fountain show!
6. Relache Spa: 2020 has given us all the right to take some time out and have a little relaxation! I was able to sneak away for an hour to enjoy the Relache Spa for a hydro facial! The spa has a wide variety of services and has implemented many social distancing protocols.
7. Family Movies: Find kid-friendly movies in the Delta Island Meeting Rooms at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
8. Scavenger Hunt: Pick up a Scavenger Hunt booklet from the Delta RiverBoat Dock or Cascades Lobby and find the resort’s unique landmarks and hidden treasures throughout the atrium.
9. Waterfalls: We love walking through the property and checking out all the waterfalls!
10. Gaylord Springs Golf Links: Every day this summer, junior golfers ages 15 and under can play a round of golf after 1 p.m. for each full-paying adult accompanying them. Overnight hotel guests receive one complimentary bucket of range balls.
We had the best few days celebrating the Fourth of July with our dear friends. We raced down slides, lounged in a cabana, splashed in the wave pool and the kids even slept in thanks to the comfy beds.
There’s also local incentives for Tennessee Residents and Davidson County residents. Davidson County Residents save up to 40%* off the SoundWaves Experience overnight package (Code L9Z), or Tennessee Residents save up to 25%* off (code M16). Book at SoundWavesGO.com
*Advance reservations required. Proof of residency is required at check-in. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.