Gaylord Opryland is a summer tradition for us! It is so special to look back on all the memories made, from Seth and I right after we were married to watching our kids grow up around this magical resort. There’s always so much to do there and something for everyone! It was so nice to look around and see everyone smiling and laughing out loud on the slides! We recently had a Mommy/Daughter Staycation with friends! We had ice cream before lunch, let the girls stay up way too late and had the best time. If you’re looking for a safe and family-friendly experience for the summer, don’t miss these opportunities at Opryland.
1. SoundWaves: The Water Attraction is 4 acres of indoor/outdoor water fun! The indoor area includes an adults-only infinity pool (which I hope to be able to utilize soon), lazy river, fast river, multiple water slides and an activity pool with lily pads and basketball hoops! You can race your way down the Rock ‘N Racer outside or go for the even more exhirating slides! My daughter is the bravest one in our family and her favorite is the Drop Zone! I have to say that my favorite spot is lounging by the wave pool, listening and watching the music videos! Soundwaves has the best playlist!
2. Pirates and Princess events: This year’s Opryland’s Summer Theme is Pirate and Princess with a treasure hunt, The Captains Hidden Treasure Escape Room, Explorer’s Animal Encounters and Pirate and Princess Academy! Kids of all ages will enjoy these experiences.
3. Delta Flat Boat Rides: There’s no better way to explore the resort than by boat! The Delta Riverboats guide you through the 4.5 acres of the Delta Atrium. We even got to look for a lost blue diamond and had a visit from a pirate! The kids were thrilled to get gem stones of their own!
4. Summer Fountain Shows: Our nightly tradition is to grab a treat from the Marketplace and grab a seat at the Delta Fountains. These nightly shows are at 7 p.m, 8 p.m, 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. These are free! Even if you’re not staying on property, a budget-friendly family night would be to grab pizza at Paisanos, walked around the property and stay for a fountain show! *Tip, don’t sit near the fountains if you don’t want to get wet. (Learned this the hard way)
5. Relache Spa: If you’re looking for the royal treatment, Relâche has you covered! Get pampered in the resort’s 20,000-square-foot Relâche Spa featuring twelve treatment rooms, sauna, steam room and a relaxation lounge. For the kids, services fit for royalty will include a Princess Up-Do or Royal Pedicure.
7. Seasonal Drinks and Food: Guests will find seasonal and themed food and beverages throughout the resort’s multiple restaurants and bars, including summer cocktails and mocktails, the Three Sheets Speakeasy at Findley’s and Royal Afternoon Tea.
8. Fun and Games: Inside of Soundwaves, you’ll find an arcade with virtual reality games, a rock climbing wall, game tables and more for when you need a break from the sun and water!
9. Waterfalls: We love walking through the property and checking out all the waterfalls!
10. Selfie Stations: Throughout the property, you’ll find fun photo installations for the perfect Instagrammable moments!
We are so lucky to have Gaylord Opryland here in Nashville! You can feel like you’re a million miles away on vacation, while just right down the road! From the restaurants, experiences, water resort, you can’t beat time spent at Opryland.
There’s also local incentives for Tennessee Residents and Davidson County residents. Davidson County Residents save up to 40%* off the SoundWaves Experience overnight package, or Tennessee Residents save up to 25%* off . Book at SoundWavesGO.com
*Advance reservations required. Proof of residency is required at check-in. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.