- Oktoberfest– This weekend, celebrate Oktoberfest in Germantown. There will be the obvious festivities for mom and dad (food and beer), music, vendors, and there will also be a Kids Area. Let’s hope the rain holds off some for this fun event. General Admission is free! Check website for times each day.
Friday, October 10:
- Scavenger Hunt- Kids can grab a hunt list and investigate all around Warner Park. Starts at 9:30.
- Story time at Brilliant Sky– Join Brilliant Sky (Nashville location) for story time at 10:30.
- Christie Cookie Launch Party– Start your weekend (and Oktoberfest) off on the right foot. Everyone is invited to check out Christie Cookie’s newly renovated building and enjoy some free cookies and milk! There will be music and giveaways, too. Starts at 1.
- Family Film– The Frist Center hosts Coraline as the family film this week. Movie starts at 7.
Saturday, October 11:
- Farm Day– Bells Bend Outdoor Center hosts a day for kids to explore farming equipment and barnyard animals. There will be hayrides and farm animals, too. Starts at 9.
- Touch A Truck– This free event in Thompson’s Station will have all sorts of truck and equipment for kids to see and enjoy. Starts at 9.
- Cheekwood Harvest– There will be many special events going on during the day like: ARTivities, Live Music, and Story time. This week’s special event will be Wildlife on Wheels at 12.
- Earth Science Day- Head down to Adventure Science Center to learn all about the earth! Dig for fossils, examine minerals and rocks, learn about earthquakes, and even participate in an earthquake shakeout drill! Starts at 10.
- Biscuits & Bluegrass– The Loveless Cafe hosts it’s annual festival. There will be local art, drafts, live music, a porch sale, and of course, free biscuits! Starts at 10.
- Public Safety Day- The Brentwood Fire Station will be set up in the Brentwood Place Shopping Center to give demonstrations, car seat inspections, host children’s games, and much more. Starts at 10.
- Waffle Mania- Ages 9-13 can learn to make waffles at Williams Sonoma. Starts at 10.
- Musicians Corner- This is a great activity for the entire family to enjoy. Enjoy live music from some great artists and a bunch of food trucks. You can see our tips here. Starts at 12.
- Flower Fun- Ages 13 and up can learn about fun things to do with wilted petals at Shelby Bottoms Nature Center. Starts at 1.
If you’re looking for things to do during the week, make sure to check out the Nashville Mom calendar.
If you have an event that you would like added to the calendar please email events[at]nashvillemomblog[dot]com. Thanks!