Shabby-Chic Spring Burlap Table Runner
By Brandon Nunnally & Melissa Bowen, Co-Owners, AR Workshop Nashville & Franklin
We are so ready for Spring here at AR Workshop Nashville. Bring on the warmer weather, Spring flowers and baby bunnies just in time for Easter! This month we thought we would share one of our favorite DIY Home Décor projects, a “shabby-chic” inspired bunny table runner. This project is so versatile and can be pulled back out for year-after-year for Spring décor.
– Burlap Table Runner (18” wide x 10 ft. long)
– Craft Paint
– Foam Brush (1”)
– Craft Pom Pom (1”)
– Glue (ModPodge or hot glue)
1. Begin by printing out a bunny silhouette (or any other spring design) on your printer at the size you would like it painted on the table runner.
2. Cut out the middle of the bunny silhouette leaving a paper stencil to lay on the burlap.
3. Cut the burlap table runner the length of your table plus 1 foot on both ends so it can hang off the ends of the table.
4. Using the foam brush and bunny cutout paint the inside of the paper template being careful to make sure the paper stays in place
5. Remove the paper and let the paint dry for 10 mins.
6. Adhere the pom-pom with glue and let dry for several minutes.
You can also add additional details including polka dots or words using the same process. Or, let the kids craft a smaller placemat version by cutting the burlap into shorter lengths.
For more elaborate customize projects please visit our workshop schedule at www.arworkshop.com/nashville. AR Workshop® is a boutique DIY studio that offers hands-on classes for creating custom, charming home decor from raw materials. Join an instructor-led workshop where you can make custom wood plank signs, framed signs, canvas pillows, round signs, lazy-susans, centerpiece boxes, canvas tote bags, chunky knit blankets and more! Save the date for this upcoming class.
*SPRING AND EASTER MINI WOOD SIGNS AND EASTER TOTES WORKSHOP*
Saturday, April 6th at 1pm
1 Mini Block – $152 Mini Blocks – $25 (per person)
Easter Tote – $15